1998 Legacy real choppy and noisy when turning sharply

It started a few months ago and is getting much worse. From a stop, if I make a u-turn the whole car shakes, and it makes a funny noise, like the tires aren't slipping or something. I have to make such turns very slowly and carefully, because it sounds so bad.

I assume it's a differential/CV/axle issue.

I've never done anything to the car, and it's got a bit over 100k miles now. Is this most likely a shaft assembly, or could it just be oil? Any ideas on cost?

I'm don't suppose by some miracle there's 120k mile drive train warranty, right? Ha ... wishful thinking! :)

Thanks.

Reply to
ToddBeaulieu

It is your AWD system malfunctioning. Is it an automatic transmission?

Reply to
Rob Munach