1999 Forester 2.5 L - DTC P0136

I just received a DTC P0136 - (Rear oxygen sensor malfunction). Has anyone had this problem and is it very difficult to replace this O2 sensor?

Thanks for any assistance.

A.J.

Reply to
AJay

Hi, Once around that year, Subaru had bad batch of sensors. It was cover by warranty for free replacement. My son's 2000 Impreza had bad one which dealer replaced free. Think there was a TSB about that. To replace the sensor you need a special wrench socket with a cut out to accomodate the lead wires unless you cut the wires and splice them.

Reply to
Tony Hwang