1999 Forester Rubbing Sound?

My 1999 Forester L AutoTrans has a rubbing like sound which seems to be coming from the rear of the car. It almost sound like a tire rubbing against the inner wheel well. I have checked the clearances all around the rear end and can find anything. Rear end fluid is ok and it doesn't sound like a bearing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Maybe you have had the same thing happen to your car?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
N1RZB

I think I am having the same noise on my '06 Forester. Sounds like a churpy noise.

Reply to
higgledy

Likely a wheel bearing - weak spot on certain years. Is it worse in sweeoing turns one direction versus the other? Often, whichever direction is loudest, it's the outside bearing (right turn loud=left rear bearing)

get it checked out. If they replace the bearing, they should use Legacy-style. A dealer should know, and indie mech might not.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to