1999 Subaru Legacy Outback missing oil

I have no idea where my oil could be going because there are no apparent leaks. I bought my subaru used about six months ago and have put in several quarts of oil now. It starts up nice and runs good when it is warmed up. (???) The check engine light came on again two weeks ago and is staying on this time.

My car as a diagnostic appointment next week, which brings me to my next question. Why do some shops only want $25 to run a test where others are charging $70?

Reply to
rhendrickson

AutoZone will do it for free and you could always buy a code reader for $150 or less. As for the oil, unless you have obvious leaks, my guess is the valve stem seals are worn out.

Reply to
johninKY