2000 Legacy Wagon Shifter Light

The light to my automatic shift console has gone out. Now I can not see which gear I am in while driving at night.

Does this sound like a burned out bulb, or could it be something else?

Reply to
Pete2000

I purchased the new light for the shifter console for about $10 from Subaru. However, replacing it myself was over my head. I removed the plastic woodgrain console cover, but after that I couldn't figure out how to remove the light bulb or disconnect the wires from the harness.

I had the dealer do the work for me at the time they replaced my headgasket under warranty. The charge for labor was $23 which I didn't think was too bad.

Reply to
Pete2000