2001 chevy silverado piston slap

Hello everyone. My husband has a 2001 silverado and has taken it in numerous times because of the piston slap. We went to www.pitonslap.com and by reading
that and the old threads on here doesnt seem that GM has come up with a conclsuion. Anyone find a fix for this yet?
:)

First off, a Chevy Silverado is not a Subaru.... Second..there is no "easy" fix for piston slap.... Third..You didnt say what engine.... Forth..the small block chevys are NOT known for piston slap... Fifth..if you would CHANGE the oil instead of just adding...this wouldnt happen... Sixth..."Short block" it......
Hope this helps.....
wow... PLEASE do not ever reply again. Thank you.
Bob's Backfire Burrito wrote:

To people OTHER than Bob its a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 AND YES the dealer has checked it out and said GM doesnt have a fix but is aware of the issue... reason for this discussion is to see if any lucky individual out there has possibly gotten or heard of a fix.
amym wrote:

amym wrote:

I'm not Bob... (isn't that a movie line?)
Everything Bob said is true. We do try to be nice to newbies *if the post is about a Subaru*. Your's wasn't.
Bob's flame was quite understated, don't get your undies in a knot. Wait till you see the ones that require Nomex underwear....
amym wrote:

Hi,
Am I experiencing deja vu all over again? Does this sound strangely like "Amanda" to anyone else?
Rick
is dead as well as her static IP of 67.174.45.207.
Good riddance.
Piggybacked on some dudes account "Clarence A. Doud" poor sucker... Looks like a Comcast account.
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:13:28 -0700, Rick Courtright

Actually, it does. <G>