2001 chevy silverado piston slap

Hello everyone. My husband has a 2001 silverado and has taken it in numerous times because of the piston slap. We went to

and by reading that and the old threads on here doesnt seem that GM has come up with a conclsuion. Anyone find a fix for this yet?

:)

Reply to
amym

First off, a Chevy Silverado is not a Subaru.... Second..there is no "easy" fix for piston slap.... Third..You didnt say what engine.... Forth..the small block chevys are NOT known for piston slap... Fifth..if you would CHANGE the oil instead of just adding...this wouldnt happen... Sixth..."Short block" it......

Hope this helps.....

Reply to
Bob's Backfire Burrito

Reply to
amym

Reply to
amym

I'm not Bob... (isn't that a movie line?)

Everything Bob said is true. We do try to be nice to newbies *if the post is about a Subaru*. Your's wasn't.

Bob's flame was quite understated, don't get your undies in a knot. Wait till you see the ones that require Nomex underwear....

Reply to
nobody >

Hi,

Am I experiencing deja vu all over again? Does this sound strangely like "Amanda" to anyone else?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Her internet days are pretty much over. When her brother moved out, so did her DSL service. She was shopping for a DIAL-UP a while ago. This bitch is stump stupid. her last post was in Jan 2007. Not long after she was looking for a new windshield for her 2005 Legacy..remember...she pissed off some guy in a parking lot and he put his fist thru it hahahaha.

Her ID snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com is dead as well as her static IP of

67.174.45.207.

Good riddance.

Reply to