Question about Piston Slap

I have a '99 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3 ltr, 31,000 miles, Flowmaster 40. I do not have piston slap, yet!!! I have been using Mobil One since

5,000 miles. Will the use of Mobil One keep me from getting the dreaded Piston Slap? Thanks for your help.
Reply to
Autumn

No, Mobil 1 does not prevent piston slap. all motors get it with wear n tear.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Not all GM motors, just those prone to piston slap.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

There is some debate on that from what I hear?

The skirts wear less with Mobil than with Fossil oils, and there is less chance of the barrel shape on the skirt wearing down with pure synthetics than with fossil oils.

But, it was just talk at a local GM dealership. Nothing fact like a TSB.

Refinish King

I know what we can do? We can ask Jabs?

Reply to
Refinish King

I don't know much about "jabs" From what i've seen, that's a good thing !

Reply to
Mad Dog

Reply to
mike