2002 Forester auotmatic transmission shudder

Hi,

Our 2002 Forester (239K miles, 2.5L automatic), has developed a low-speed s hudder, and I am investigating how prevalent/serious the observation is.

When warmed up, if one slows to 30-40 mph, then gives the engine light/medi um throttle, there is a shudder, (somewhat like what I believe is the locku p unlocking and locking, but repeated, over and over, as long as I keep it at light/medium throttle), that will stop if I either let off the gas, or p ush it harder (then it downshifts).

Is this a known pattern? How serious is this? What is the fix?

Thanks in advance, Duane

Reply to
TheSeeker