2004 Subaru Legacy with Stability Control?

I've got the 2001 model (called Liberty in Australia). My car has got Stability Control (which Subaru calls Vehicle Dynamics Control). Does anyone have inside information as to whether the new model will also have it? What about 'head' airbags? As you can tell, I'm a safety freak, so if it don't have these two key features, I'll buy the next cheapest car with it: Audi A4

1.8T Quattro.
Reply to
Nigel

Not sure why you believe they'd remove these features. But of course they are still optional features that you have to specifically order.

Curious, why do you think you need the VDC stability control system? You already have 4WD, which provides 99% of the stability control you need.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

I don't agree with you. The VDC is a more comprehensive system than AWD. It's more than a 1% difference as you imply. Check out the Subaru site for more information on the things it does that regular AWD does not. John

Reply to
John A. Mason

I know what you're thinking. Come with me for a ride on a wet night & we'll take an intersection at 40km/hour. THEN you'll see what stability control does!!

Reply to
Nigel

Takes all the fun out of driving?

Reply to
Jose Rodrigues Ibn Chen

Well, I got an OBW with a 5sp MT, so it's got the true full-time viscous-coupled AWD system in it. I wonder if this stability control isn't really an assist for the finicky AT clutch-plate AWD system? I often do take wet corners at upto 60 km/h. As it now stands, never felt a twitch.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan