2006 STi

Hello,

I live in California and I drive a new 2006 STi. The manual say to run

93 octane gas. All I can find is 91 octane gas. I have a few questions; Is running 91 really bad for my engine? Does adding a bottle of STP octane boost help? If so how many points does it increase? What is best gas to run? Or what additive should I add?

Thanks Shaun

Reply to
shaun

91 should be 'safe' for the car. You just won't realize its potential. Ask around some other high perf car owners or the dealership or some motorcycle guys about 'race gas' etc.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

We can only get 91 as well. It is safe, but it may knock when the car is really hot. I use acetone or octane booster to reduce the knocking and improve power delivery.

Reply to
JD

What Octane boost do you use?

Reply to
shaun

I work for a Chevron station in Oregon, and our highest octane minimum is

92, however, the actual octane tests out to be 95 - 96, while our mid grade which has a minimum of 89 tests out at 92 octane. You might shop around to different service stations in your area and talk to the owners / managers and see if any of them have higher than average octane at the pumps.

~Brian

Reply to
strchild

Pennzoil