2008 base Impreza -- retired?

I can't find anything on Subaru's site about 2008 Imprezas that aren't in the WRX series, except for the Subaru Sport. Are they retiring that part of the line? I'd like to get something with PZEV, and the 2007 Imprezas don't have it, so I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth waiting for the

2008s.
Reply to
Eric Lindholm

no they don't despite the small fraction of impreza sales that the base model accounts for. the new 2.5 na engine makes more torque and less hp -> better driveability around town which is what doctor ordered for a pedestrian I-4.

Imprezas don't

the first test drive in edmunds was for a rex. no info on the base model. i doubt any magazine will bother to test the bag of sticks trim when there is a version with much more wasabi under the hood for not a whole lot more.

for the johny be gooder greenie types there is a prius and similar hybrid crap. oh, and you have a choice of diesels too from other automakers if you're not keen on the hybrid gas/electric bullshit from toyolet

Reply to
isquat

The '07 Forester NA sold in Cali. is PZEV.

Reply to
David

David wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What id PZEV?