'98 subaru forester hesitation

i haven't seen anyone really solve the hesitation problem in the automatic transmission on these cars. all i hear is take it back to the dealer. if the dealer can fix it what is the problem that causes this in the first place. There seems to be alot of people having this complaint. i did see one fix that was to unplug the battery for 10 min. to reset the computer....that didn't work for me.

Reply to
wingwing

There is a Technical Service Bulletin nr. 11-53-98 about engine hesitation on accellaration.

"wingwing" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

transmission on these cars. all i hear is take it back to the dealer. if the dealer can fix it what is the problem that causes this in the first place. There seems to be alot of people having this complaint. i did see one fix that was to unplug the battery for 10 min. to reset the computer....that didn't work for me.

Reply to
wabby

What does it say to do?

Reply to
LT

I don't know, I'm not familiar with this TSB. I just know that it excists. When anybody knows what to do, I'm intersted.

"LT" schreef in bericht news:mKXVb.12996$032.59403@attbi_s53...

Reply to
wabby

In my 99 Legacy automatic 2.2L, the hesisitation that existed since new was finally fixed for good when the dealer replaced the knock sensor last spring. Of course, I had been saying since "00" that this was the cause (based on info from this group BTW), but the dealer refused to replace it until finally, the check engine light came on and the faulty sensor caused a code to register. This was after nearly 4 years of complaining about the problem and being taken for a number of service items that did not help (e.g., the "classic" throttle body cleaning fix, for about $100).

Of course, the dealer refused to cover the repair, as they claimed it was out of warranty. But, after a long fight that went to the head office of Subaru Canada, I won. Subaru Canada covered it based on the evidence I presented of the problem existing since 1999 (lesson here.....it pays to keep work orders, and it pays to continue to note problems until they are fixed. I must have had 6 work orders that noted techs to "check for hesitation").

Of course, your mileage may vary. Good luck.

transmission on these cars. all i hear is take it back to the dealer. if the dealer can fix it what is the problem that causes this in the first place. There seems to be alot of people having this complaint. i did see one fix that was to unplug the battery for 10 min. to reset the computer....that didn't work for me.

Reply to
JK