99 OBW Check engine light code 1507

CEL comes on and car idles poorly unless we re-start. We have tried everything to eliminate this persistent problem. Has anyone else had similar experience and found a solution? We checked and cleaned all connections, replaced air idle motor, and are stumped. Any ideas?

Reply to
casper

Get the code read and then you will know were to start. A myriad of different things could be causing your problem.

-Kurt

casper wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Thanks, Kurt. The code reads "air idle malfunction (failsafe)". From there, we tried replacing the air idle motor, oxygen sensor, and all connections. Nobody near here has any ideas, so I'm looking for others with similar experience. Thanks again.

Philip

Kurt C. Hack wrote:

Reply to
casper

My fault, I misread the posting subject line. The only thing that comes to mind is the EGR system. But, my experience was with a Saturn, not a Subaru.

Good Luck,

-Kurt

casper wrote:

Reply to