AC recharge for 2004 OB Ltd.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to charge the AC (add freon, gas or whatever it is called now) for a 2004 Outback Seda Ltd? Thanks!

Reply to
RaP

Take the blow up refill can you bought at WalMart, bring it BACK to WalMart, and then find someone with the proper equipment to do it correctly.

You can have a modicum of success with those cans, but if you can't tell which is the low side and connect it to the high side instead, I hope your health/life insurance is paid up.

That and the cans sometmes overcharge the system. I did a Corolla once and after 10 days the compressor sounded like marbles in a can.

Plus, you need to check for leaks. Coolant doesn't disappear for no reason. My mom has an 86 Camry and it has NEVER needed a recharge.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm just gonna mention that our 03 Outback needed its suction and discharge hoses replaced under warranty (barely) due to leakage.

Seems unlikely you are experiencing this now however. maybe there is a TSB that mentions this. It WOULD be a shame to keep charging the system if it needs some parts replaced for leakage.

fyi

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

My ex's 2003 OBW had the same problem with the suction hose, just after the warranty expired.

Never the less, we do not know if Raps vehicle lost the refrigerant gradually, due to one of those leaks that evade detection.

If that were the case, my suggestion would be to buy the hose with the gauge, sold at most auto parts and walmarts, and follow the instructions provided to recharge the system.

Good luck,

AS

1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Reply to