Any news on the Subaru diesel engine?

Hi,

I was really intrigued by Subaru's announcement of the development of a diesel boxer engine, and IIRC, I thought that a date of 2008 had been bandied about.

Was this date perhaps not a model-year date, but a calendar date? I say this because I have heard little since its initial announcement.

Has anyone heard of when cars will hit the streets with a diesel engine powering them? Is the introduction of the CVT tied to this?

Thanks, Duane

Reply to
TheSeeker

I was thinking 09 was what I read. But 08 Europe, 09 US might also be in the rumor mill. Try checking the News&Rumors forum at

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan