6 cyl Diesel engine specs

I am hoping that someone can help me locate some specifications for an engine that I have in my boat.

The boat contains a peugeot 6 cyl diesel naturally aspirated engine with an output of approximately 102 or 106 hp.

The peugeot would have been imported into Russia and then sold with this boat.

The boat manufacturing date is unknown , but I think it is between the years of 1978 and 1984.

Specifically I am hoping to find the dry weight of the engine and any info on putting a turbo on it.

Research online seems to show that around that time Peugeot produced the XD2 and XD3 with less output, perhaps being a marine engine the output was raised.

Anyone with iether precise information on my engine or a close idea on general weights of that size peugeot diesel, Please forward this info to my email.

Thanks for your help

Robin

Reply to
Robin

Hi,

May well be a Perkins, or a Ford engine (I've seen some steel dutch crafts with such engines, Ford Diesel 120HP N/A). No 6-cyl Diesel engines @ Pugs before next year (2.7 200HP, definitively not your engine).

-- G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote in news:41a05b9f$0$24799$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

There most definitly are 6-cilinder Peugeot diesels out there. They have never been used in automobiles, but in boats they were quite popular. Also known under the make Indenor and even used by Volvo Penta (the MD21 type AWD21 is an Peugeot/Indenor 6-cilinder diesel with 106 hp).

Otherwise, try searching for DTP or XDP.

Maarten

Reply to
Maarten Deen

Could this be a re-badged Volvo unit from the old PRV group days that gave birth the PRV 90degree V6 petrol monster etc.?

Just a thought, Volvo penta have had lot to do with marine engines for a long time.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hi,

BTW, are you sure it's a Peugeot engine ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

AFAIK, PRV just built the V6.

I used to see some of them (I haven't seen such engines for ages, unfortunately), Penta even built 4-cyl Volvo engines, marine-oriented (I don't know if it makes sense to you, I don't really know how to express it), when Volvo heavy engines are known to be in-line-6.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

Mmmm, I stand corrected here. Some years ago I saw a few boats with a sticker "Pug / Citroen Marine Diesel". I don't know if it was 4 or 6 cylinders. I've thought he was wrong when he said he was looking for XD series, as XD2-XD3 (and other XDs, just for fun let's say XD88A) are only in-line 4.

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T