Anyone put Sirius radio in an OBW?

I have a 2002 LL Bean and I'm planning to get Sirius at the end of the year. Anyone do the install? Is it a huge deal?

Reply to
Deb

Depends on the hardware your planning on installing. I'm with XM and the MyFi installation was a piece of cake :-). However, if your planning on changing out the head unit for one with built in satellite support, it may get slightly more complicated.

-Kurt

Deb wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

"Deb" wrote in news:1113399962.750012.230630 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I had my Sirius installed by Best Buy in a 2004 Impreza. Virtually any car stereo place can do it.

I strongly urge you to not get an add-on unit using an FM modulator, the audio is much better with a direct connection. To do this, you need to replace the stock radio with an aftermarket radio that is Sirius compatible, and then have a Sirius tuner installed, a good location is underneath the passenger seat. I am quite happy with my Kenwood radio and Sirius tuner.

This all is actually less of a cost and hastle than it sounds like, there are frequently deals for a free or low-cost Sirius tuner, and/or free or reduced cost installation offers. A little shopping should pay off handsomley.

Reply to
Larry Weil

Absolutely agree. That's exactly what I did in my 2001 Forester and haven't regretted it for a minute!

Reply to
BRH