Backup Light switch

1996 Legacy Outback Wagon. 2.2L Backup Light not lighting. Fuse is good. Looking for the switch. Perhaps bad or simply knocked loose. Perhaps inadvertantly unplugged by the Boys of Pep when they last handled my vehicle. Doe no. Haynes manual has a rediculously close-up picture of where it's located, so there's no point of reference as to its exact location.

Any help? Is it necessary to "Raise vehicle and place it safely on jackstands"? Or can I crawl underneath and get to it?

Reply to
Hawksoob

From looking at a 2002 Impreza service manual (which is probably similar) the switch sticks out the driver's side of the MT transfer case, (there are two back-up (front) and neutral (back)) and comes out to a connector on the passanger side of the front of the transmission, right by the firewall under the hood. You could check first at the connector, to trace it down to either the switch or the wiring.

For AT, I couldn't make heads or tails of the diagrams!?!

cheers!

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens