backup lights

A week ago we had a clutch replaced on a 2000 Outback. Yesterday I noticed that the backup lights aren't working. The fuse and light bulbs look good, so my first suspicion is they forgot to reattach some cable when replacing the cluch. Is this a plausible theory? If so - is this something I could reattach myself, or is it burried deep somewhere (and I'm going to have to wresstle with the dealer about it)?

Thanks for any advice!

Reply to
Daniel Harms

Absolutely plausible.

Depending on your DIY skills, it could be easy or hard...and I don't know where the back up switch is located on an Outback (or even on my WRX, for that matter ;-).

OTOH, they could have *mashed* your backup switch, severed the cable, etc...in that case, it would be better to trek back to the installing shop and say, "Hey guys...." and let them find & fix, as needed.

Reply to
CompUser

unless the clutch was a freebie, you paid good money for it. so why not let the shop fix their mistake?

...... tom klein

Reply to
tom klein