Blinking "AT OIL TEMP" How Serious Part 2

Hello,

Yesterday I posted the following note.

Tonight on my way home from work in my MY98 >Forester the "AT OIL TEMP" >indicator began blinking. > >The book says I can continue to drive it. I did notice >that the Transmission now does the normal Clunk when >shifted from Neutral to R or D. > >I assume this is a dealer item. I have 127K miles.

Today I went to my dealer. They dumped the computer and found 2 codes, I forgot to get them. The codes pointed to the "Duty Solenoid". I am not to sure what this is; but the Service Technician says that this is the solenoid that enables the rear wheel drive. There is another possible problem; but it could only not cause both codes. The second part is a speed sensor wiring harness.

I am now driving without the RWD; but I am driving. Next Thursday I will get it fixed.

Can I get some feedback on what the "Duty Solenoid" does?

I will write more after the fix.

Reply to
JLGull