brakes forester

How tight should the caliper be to put back on after mounting new pads? Mine is a tight fit. I don't have a manual and can't find anything on the web. Should I remove any shims?

Reply to
John

There's not supposed to be much clearance. Make sure the pistons are pushed right back. You may have to jiggle the caliper slightly to get both pads started over the edge of the disk and no, *don't* leave the shims out.

Oh yeah, once you've bolted the calipers back up and replaced the wheels, remember to give the pedal a few pumps to get the slop out of the system before you find you don't have any brakes in real life! :) Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Thanks.

Yeah it was a little tight going in but got it to fit. I never changed brakes before that the pads were a tight fit that is why I asked. To any one else that might be changing there front pads or rotors. This was one of the easier ones I've done. 2 bolts for the caliper and 2 more for the brake pad mount. That's it. Thanks for the feed back.

John

Reply to
John