"Carchip" (OBDll scan tool) on a Mac

I have a Davis Carchip E/X that works great on a Subaru with a Windows Desktop PC. I want to use it on a Macintosh (OS 9.2.2) with a Virtual PC (Win 98) emulator. I have tried a Radio Shack DB9 to USB converter (which did not work) and a Keyspan dual serial converter (which almost works.) Does anyone have any other ideas on getting the CarChip to work on a Mac or have any insight into the required data signals to interface the Carchip DB9 to a Mac? Help!

Reply to
larry D