CEL when runing low on gas

I notice if i drive untill my low level light comes on i get a CEL. After i fill back up it will go out after about 100 miles. I havent gone to have the code read, but any ideas why it would do this ? Something in my tank ? This is a 03 WRX

Reply to
Mike

I'd bet a quarter on a gas cap that perhaps is not sealing as well as it used to. Less gas = less vapor pressure = evaporative sensor in the gas tank reads too low a pressure and kicks the evap code out.

Go have the code read at autozone or the dealer, and post back what you find out. If the code is evap, it's just a new gas cap you need.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I will go do that. Will the code still be stored even though the light is out ?

Reply to
Mike

Yeah.

Reply to