Cluthch noises

I have become aware that Subaru of Australia has been replacing clutches due to customer complaints of "sqwarking" type noises as they describe it. I have noticed that since the car was new that it exhibited what sounds like more of a rattling in the gearbox when releasing or just after releasing the clutch after changing to 2nd gear when you move off quickly from stationary. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Reply to
RS2003

Yep, we noticed it the first time we had to 'drag' a car at the lights to get into the correct lane.

Flywheel replacement has dispelled the problem, under warranty too.

[2002 Forester XS 2.5]

-mark

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Mark, I had a feeling that my problem may have been experienced by others. The first time I heard the rattling noise it sounded like there was something seriously wrong in the gearbox. I advised the dealer at the first service. The service department indicated that it was just springs on the flywheel and when they tested it they said there was no evidence of the noise and not to worry about it. I will now actively pursue the problem with the dealer to get it rectified. Thanks again Mark.

Reply to
RS2003