ford mondeo turbo diesel engine problems

I'm hoping that someone will recognise the symptoms I'm trying to describe (not particularly easy in itself) and be able to offer a cause and possible soultions. I have a mondeo turbo diesel on an s plate, 90k miles on the clock and the car starts easily from cold. Within the last few weeks, whenever I have had to change from a higher gear to a lower one, i.e. 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st, the motion of the vehicle becomes very jerky. The vehicle seems to be lacking "power" almost as if it is suffering fuel starvation. After a second or two everything returns to normal.

Within the last day or 2, I have also found that the car seems to be holding back when trying to accelerate in the lower gears. Its beginning to drive me mad. Has anybody experienced these symptoms on their cars before. If so, would you please share the cause and solution to the problem.

The vehicle is regularly serviced by myself. I look forward to reading your replies.

Reply to
Matthew H Williams

A guess: dirty/worn injectors?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Matthew, go to

and ask there also, they may be able to help you.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

Reply to
Ina Whirl

Thanks for the link Jim. I'll post a message there too.

It's really annoying me at the moment.

Reply to
Matthew H Williams