coolent

I have been using DexCool for the last 30,000 miles in my Forester and ready for a change. I have read comments elsewhere that DexCool has had some problems. I am considering the new G05 Zerex just approved by Mercedes and Chrysler. It is a NO phosphate LOW silicon product that is suppose to be better for water pump seals/impellers and less chance of slugging. Does anyone have personal experience or solid information on this???? thanks eddie

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Do Chrysler and Mercedes have aluminum blocks and radiators? I thought Subies (and maybe other cars) needed different additives in the coolant than Detroit Iron. Anybody have more info.?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Edward Hayes wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Eddie, Being approved for Chrysler products, it gets discussed periodically on rec.autos.makers.chrysler - that's where I learned pretty much all that I know about it, which you summed up in your post. You might do a google search on that ng with some well-chosen keywords. It also has been discussed with some factory guys on the 300M ezBoard forums, but, being an ezBoard, the search engine there sucks big time.

Bill Putney

Problems with DexCool stem primarily from using non distilled water and not mixing 50/50. Follow those guides and maybe add a tablet of conditioner such as GM sells and you'll have no problems.

Reply to
Greg