Climate Control

I recently purchased a 2003 H6-30 LLBean with the automatic climate control. As soon as I turn on the climate control in "auto", it defaults to the "recirculate" mode. With the A/c running, I have left it for over 30 minutes and it never goews back to the "outside air" mode. Needless to say, I am a little confused as, to get outside air, I have to use the manual settings which close down the "auto" mode. (Theefore I can not get into "Auto - econ".

Anybody else have or had this situation or am I reading the manual wrong and this is normal.

Any help will be appreciated so I don't sound dumb when I take it to the dealer and complain about it.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Reply to
Don

I think it's normal in the sense that the 'auto' part of it tries to use some algorithm based on outside/inside airtemp difference and sun loading (there's a photodetector by the defroster vent). When the outside air gets cooler (maybe only a few degrees warmer than inside) later this summer, you will see it go to 'vent' automatically. If its bothersome (dry eyes on long trips for example)you can overide manually.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

D> I recently purchased a 2003 H6-30 LLBean with the automatic climate control.

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Well, I'm certainly as confused with the manual (in a few places) as you are. Perhaps they mean that cerc/verssus recirc is automatically selected OR deselected when auto is engaged. That is YOU don't have to worry about it , the SYSTEM will decide for you - based on all its inputs and programming.

Now, my manual claims there is 'something' in the instrumetn cluster that tells you the gas flap is on the right hand side - I don't NEED that thing BUT it bugs me I can't FIND it!

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

D> Carl,

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Look just above the clock and below the center of the tachometer where the needle revolves.

That's where it is on my '01 VDC.

Dukephoto

Reply to
MDCORE
Reply to
Michael P. Smith

It just says "Fuel Door" with an arrow pointing to the side. My '00 Legacy GT and '03 Forester XSP both have it, although I can't remember the exact location (either above the odometer, or on the tach gauge)

Reply to
Jason

DOH! It's huge - I'm stoopid. Guess I was looking for something small resembling the figure in the manual. thanx

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

MDCORE wrote:

Reply to