Intermittent noise on WRX

I have a 2002 WRX Wagon with 15k miles. A few days ago, it started making a noticeable knocking noise, only after a cold start and between 1.5k and 2.5k RPM. It usually goes away when the car warms up. Has anybody experienced anything similar?

Reply to
GB

If it just started, it could be something as simple as a tank of bad gas (maybe the station you last went to had the wrong grade in their tank - it happens - the local news did a special on that out here one time, and it was alarming how many stations were selling regular as premium...) - just the same, I would bring it to the dealer and have them take a look (drop it off the night before, so that they can listen right after a cold start when they can look at it in the morning)

Reply to
David & Caroline