coolent usage

Did the timing belt-water pump thing a while back and I've been keeping a watch out for leaks. Did replace all the hose clamps with traditional style clamps. I've noted the overflow container is dropping 1-2 oz. about every 3 weeks. Could this be normal, evap. from overflow container, or more likely a leak from somewhere? At this low rate, actually finding any dripping is all but impossible.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

What year Subaru??? There are reports of external head gasket weepage on

Reply to
Edward Hayes

We have a 2001 Outback and got a recall notice on the problem, after we had the driver-side head gasket replaced at 79K (just under our 80K extended warranty), then again on both sides at 100K. The coolant additive will supposedly prevent gasket deterioration and prevent this. Subaru will reimburse for head gasket repair costs.

So if you suspect a leak, you probably have one.

Reply to
Jerry C Shaw