dashboard pad replacement

Two days ago someone broke into my car and stole my radio/cd player. In the process the thief dismantled the glove compartment, broke some of the plastic trim and dug some if the foam out of the dash pad.

I am wondering if the dashboard pad from a 1998 Subaru Outback (Legacy) wagon will fit in the 1997 model.

Also if anyone has tips for removing the dashpad without wasting time on screws that don't need to be removed, I would appreciate it.

John

Reply to
Redlocks

Another question---should I be concerned about causing the air bags to deploy or is that only an issue when the ignition is engaged?

Reply to
Redlocks

I usually look for pics of cars for sale on Ebay to be able to see what is inside when I have a question.

VF

Reply to
houndman

I'd disconnect them or pull the fuse on the bags to be on the safe side. They have some Strong warnings about handling them.

VF

Reply to
houndman