Differential oil change?

It's about time for me to change the ATF in my '08 Tribeca. Last time I did it was about 100,000 km ago, so I don't quite remember what all happened the previous time. So I'm wondering, do I need to do a diff oil change at the same time as the ATF change? I'm mainly thinking of the rear diffs, because possibly the front and central diffs are part of the automatic transmission and they will be taken care of with the ATF change, but I could be wrong?
Yousuf Khan
Reply to
Yousuf Khan
I have done diffs on my 03 Outback and my 06 WRX.
On the rear, take the upper, 'fill' , hole's plug out first. I had to use m y floor jack on the breaker bar handle to bust the plugs loose so, if you p ull the drain first and can not remove the fill plug, the car would need to wing! I also used a pennzoil lube pump to put the lube into the rear diff a s the angle is not amenable to pouring. Front diff on the Outback was easier with a funnel with a hose on it. Found a nice one made by Hopkins - has a plastic insert in the end that ft well into the diff's dipstick tube.Pour slowly.
Reply to
1 Lucky Texan