Tribeca R.Diff Temp Light comes on

So I noticed today that under some moderate to hard acceleration, a red warning light comes on the dash of my 2008 Tribeca, which is "R. Diff Temp". Obviously means the read differential is overheating or something. Now this only happens when the transmission is in sport mode, and I accelerate quickly. It goes away immediately when I let off the accelerator slightly. Also today was a very cold day out, -11C (12F) or

-18C (0F) windchill. So I wonder if the combination of acceleration and cold have something to do with it.

Do you think this is just an unusual situation, or is this the indication that I'm going to need to change the rear diff oil or something?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Given your actual outside temperature, and the weight shift under hard acceleration, and having just looked at the wiring diagram;

I suspect the sensor or wiring. Have a friend look at the light while you pull and twist on the connector.

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Where do I find the wiring diagram?

Yousuf Khan