does recall WVD-14 apply to my car?

I received a subaru recall WVD-14 last year. Taking it to a dealer is a lot of trouble and I have not done it. How can I check the car myself to see if I really need this work done? I know the rear gate stay is the pair of thing that looks like mini shock absorbers holding the rear hatch open. But which are the stud bolts in question, the one on the hatch or the one on the bottom?

Recall Date: MAR 24, 2008

Model Affected:

2002 SUBARU IMPREZA

Summary: SUBARU IS RECALLING 36,791 MY 2002-2003 IMPREZA WAGONS. THE STUD BOLT(S) OF REAR GATE STAY MAY HAVE BEEN TIGHTENED WITH INSUFFICIENT TIGHTENING TORQUE AND A GAP MAY HAVE RESULTED BETWEEN THE REAR GATE PANEL AND STUD BOLT BASE. AFTER REPEATED REAR GATE OPERATIONS (OPENING AND CLOSING), THE REAR GATE INNER PANEL AT THE WELDING NUT MAY BREAK, WHICH WILL LEAD TO DETACHMENT OF THE REAR GATE STAY, AND THE REAR GATE DROPPING DOWN.

Consequence: IN CASE SOMEONE IS UNDERNEATH OR NEAR THE REAR GATE, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT A DROPPING REAR GATE PANEL MAY HIT THEM INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURIES.

Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY GAP AT THE STUD BOLT OF THE REAR GATE STAY INSTALLATION. IF A GAP IS FOUND, THE STUD BOLT WILL BE REMOVED TO CHECK FOR DAMAGE TO THE WELDING NUT. IF THE WELD NUT IS CRACKED, THE REAR GATE STAY WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 2, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SUBARU AT 1-800-782-2783.

Reply to
james

From reading the notice I would say the ones on the hatch

Reply to