Duracell Batteries SUCK

Duracell's were my "go to" batteries years ago. Since company changed hands a number of times since 2013 (now owned by Berkshire Hathaway) they are more or less GARBAGE!! The Duracell brand can no longer be trusted as a long lasting, non leaking battery. I am no longer a user of Duracell. That is what happens when prophet is put before quality!

Reply to
Big Apple

I am finding more and more batteries from all the companies I've tried are leaking these days. I've had several things (e.g. a digital clock) ruined. I had problems with leaking batteries decades ago, then they got much better. Now the problem seems to have come back. My "go to" batteries have been Energizers for the last 15 years or so, but now I am having problems with them too. I would blame companies cutting quality except that it seems more like bad seals or improper assembly: Once you have the production lines going it would appear not to save much to mess with those.

I do have to go along with Big Apple this way, though: I have always found Duracell to be not very good. It is a shame that they seem to be what Costco wants to push, e.g. with sale prices.

I live near Madison, Wisconsin, USA, the original home of Rayovac, so I want to like them, but I have had to avoid them now for at least 20 years: Not because of leakage (haven't been using them so don't know if they have joined the crowd that leak) but just because they never did produce power for very long.

Bob W

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Most batteries, including Duracell, are made in China now. Quality control is next to zero.

Reply to
volcko

Walmart pioneered the practice of having products made in China.

Since then it has become a race to the bottom.

Reply to
jtmpreno