Guy got a new Outback

Friend told me a friend of his got a new Outback with all the bells and whistles including facial recognition to adjust the driver's seat.

His Eye Sight was going off and would not work so he took it to dealer who had it overnight and said it was working. When he went there they even drove him around and it was working.

He left the dealer and it stopped working. He found that if he left his sunglasses off it would work.

So much for all the bells and whistles.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I wonder if there are warnings about sunglasses, etc. in the Owner's Manual? Also, if he feels it is a safety hazard, he should register the fault at NHTSA

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

It was strange and I always wear sunglasses in the daytime and have never had a problem.

BTW just checking local Subaru inventories and there are more vehicles but none at base price.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Talking about to friend about this in am and apparently this was problem:

Car must have thought he fell asleep when he wore sunglasses.

Reply to
invalid unparseable