family tree

My first suby was a 92 Legacy. Now I have a '98 Impreza. I have seen an outback, an outback legacy, a Legacy an Impreza and an Impreza Legacy. My question is, what makes a subaru a legacy? Just curious, I can't figure it out.

thanks

Reply to
mbjj

No such thing as an Impreza Legacy. that's like saying a Camaro Impala (sort of). Impreza is the small car, Legacy is the bigger car. Both come in wagons and sedans. Outback-ing either one gives it a higher, tougher suspension and I suppose some other things. Note that when a Legacy is outbacked it is just called an Outback. When an Impreza is outbacked, it's called an Impreza Outback. The Forrester is built on an Imprezza chassis, and is actually slightly lower to the ground than an Outback wagon (7.3 vs. 7.9 in.).

Reply to
Alan