Fitting UHF radio to 06 Forester

I have just upgraded from on 01 Forester to a new 06 Forester. I fitted a UHF radio to my old Forester and want to fit one to the new machine. As in the old Forester, there is a suitable space in the centre console under the radio/CD player, but unlike the old Forester, I can't get the console out to fit it.

I can get the console part way out, about 1 - 2 cm, but, since the console is one unit containing not only the radio, but also the controls for the heating and air conditioning it is stopped from coming out any further by the cables that control the air flow, etc.

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Stonehouse