Upgrade stereo on 2004 Forester XT

I will be purchasing a new 2004 Forester XT in a couple of days but I am not happy with the factory stereo system. I would like to replace the in-dash cd player with an aftermarket MP3/cd player and upgraded speakers.

Has anyone upgraded their factory stereo system without too many interior modifications ? If so, what components did you use ?

Any information with respect to recommended components and/or installers in Toronto, Ontario would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
HJ

Mark Bergman

Thanks for the reply. Any idea about speaker upgrades ?

Reply to
HJ

Do the head unit first. I think the speakers sound MUCH better with a higher quality head unit (AIWA CDCx227). Plus the door panel has to be removed to swap speakers making it more complicated.

Reply to
Jkpoulos7

I was thinking of replacing the head unit and speakers at the same time in order to run high quality speaker, power, and ground cables in my new system.

Reply to
HJ