Forester 1999 air cleaner replace problem

Hello,

how can I replace the air cleaner element of my Forester '99 (no turbo) ? After removing the bolt and the 3 clips of the air cleaner case, I can't turn this case far enough backwards. It touches the chassis. There's not enough space left to take out the old element.

Regards, Wilco

Reply to
Wilco van Diest

If it is similar to the 98 model, you need to move the upper case part backwards and downwards rather than just backwards, then it does not hit the lip of the bulkhead.

Then you will have JUST about enough room to remove the old and fit the new, but it is an annoying fiddle for such a basic regular maintenance task

Reply to
Marcus