How to replace AIr Filter for Mazda MPV 2004??

I try to replace the air filter for my Mazda MPV 2004. I follow the owner's manual by removing the bolt and unfastening the 2 clamps. However, I can not open the air cleaner housing/compartment wide enough to take out the existing air filter. I open hard enough and afraid to force separating that my break the housing.

Any hints is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
aqua11

I pried the two pieces apart with my hands just wide enough to get the old one out & then put the new one in. Bad design in my opinion. The only other way I could see to do it was to disconnect a bunch of stuff to get the air intake tube off, which would make what should be a 5 minute job a 1/2 hour (or more) job.

Reply to
searn