Forester Oil Burning

I've got a 2000 Forester that is using 3 quarts of oil every 2,000 miles give or take. It is not leaking because I would notice any spots on my driveway. I've seen posts regarding the Subaru's tendency to burn oil, but not to this extent. I also haven't noticed any excessive smoking during driving. Very puzzling. The engine has

78,0000 miles.

Anyone have a similar oil consumption problem?

Reply to
Jeff Powers
780,000 miles? Wow, I've never gotten this sort of mileage out of a car. What method of break in did you use? Oil type? Type of fuel?

;)

--Decimal Cat

Reply to
Decimal Cat

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:15:42 -0400, "Decimal Cat" scribbled:

I think he means 78,000 miles :P

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

Something is very very wrong. My Forester consumes about 1/2 of a quart in

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I know. I was just having fun with a typo.

--Decimal Cat

Reply to
Decimal Cat

Everything else is running fine. No sputters stalling or hesitation. Up until I started replacing oil at the high rate (approx. 60,000 mi) I had the oil changed regularly at 3000-6000 mile intervals. The oil changes were done by the dealer.

Reply to
Jeff Powers