Forester S-Turbo, Hood Cowl

Hi group, I want to buy a Subaru Forester S-Turbo, 1999 - 2000 model. Wife does not like the "ugly" air intake on the hood. Can it be removed or modified to a more neutral/flat appearance?

Does any parts of the engine or air intake actually extend through the hood inside this cowl? Does the cowl bolt of or is it an integral part of the hood? What about replacing it with some metal grid instead?

Personally I do not mind the hood cowl, thinks it gives the car a more robust and macho look :-)

Reply to
Helge Opgård

You would need to relocate/switch to a FMIC (front mounted intercooler). Not sure about hood interchageability with older/other models without scoop. Anyway - probably do-able but an expensive hassle.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Helge > Hi group,

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Tell your wife to deal with it. Image is nothing.

Reply to
TT