Further info on 94 Brighton "facelift" Legacy.

G'Day once again. Some thing I forgot to ask! Any Hams out there? I used to have my 2 metre FM rig in the Justy, but so far I haven't found a suitable place to mount it in the Legacy. It is just a little too large (wide) to fit in the space below the radio. Any other owner solved this problem? I guess there must be lots of CB users as well as Hams who have come across it. Regards Cliff Wright.

Reply to
Cliff Wright

mount it in the Legacy.

users as well as Hams

The space below the sterep is actually a removable pocket, rather than part of the dash. If it's just a little wider, you might be able to mount it down there after you remove the storage pocket. It would screw into the same metal rack as the stereo.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Reply to
Cliff Wright

rig back into the

didn't work out. I've

described on the light

headlights are on.

I was curious about something on my stereo, so I took my dash apart yesterday, and found that the rack is actually secured with six screws rather than four. There are two in the middle, on each side, further back. It'll help to use a magnetic screwdriver, otherwise you'll drop the screws as soon as they are removed and they'll fall down behind the center tunnel somewhere. doh! :)

I am pleased with that "audio rack" mounting system though. All the other cars I've owned have required a special mounting kit and those annoying metal collars in order to install them.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker