Overseas model names - AU

AUSTRALIA:

Can somebody from US please describe exactly what your model lineup of Subaru vehicles is?? Perhaps attach pix, or a link, for us overseas readers who have never heard of a Justy, or an LL Bean ???

Here in Australia, we have the following models.

Current: Liberty (Legacy) Outback (jacked up Liberty - bigger bumpers, wheels, clearance etc) Impreza, including WRX Forester

Old vehicles: SVX Leone (L-Series) Brumby (mini-utility) RX Turbo (Turbo version of Leone) DL 1800 (previous model to the L-Series Leone)

I can't think of any others at present - other readers may want to add anything I have missed.

Spinifex

91 Liberty (Australian Legacy) RS Turbo AWD Manual 2.0 T 85 Leone FWD 1.8 NA 01 Liberty AWD 2.0 NA
Reply to
Spinifex

U.S. current models:

Forester - 5 models Outback - 8 models Legacy - 8 models Imprezza - 10 models Baja - 2 models (modern version of the BRAT)

Not sure if this link will take you to the U.S. site or not, but I'll post it anyway.

Rhesus Monkey

Many thanx Rhesus Monkey

I hope US readers think themselves lucky.... our range is pretty poor in Australia compared to the models on offer in US.

Why, oh why, does Subaru Australia not import the Baja range. They look awesome !!!

And why, oh why, do the Aussie spec models max out with the 2.0l turbo??? Looks like the 2.0l (turbo & NA) just doesnt exist in US market.... minimum engine size is 2.5l.

I think the 2.5l Turbo would be an awesome piece of machinery.

Spinifex

91 Liberty (Australian Legacy) RS Turbo AWD Manual 2.0 T 85 Leone FWD 1.8 NA 01 Liberty AWD 2.0 NA
Reply to
Spinifex

Except for the baseline WRX, it is a 2.0l turbo. You probably have a higher horsepower version than do we in the states.

Reply to
WRXtreme

FWIW, US-spec "Outback Sport" = Impreza RV hatch in Australia.

Reply to
Losiho

Actually the Justy was available in Australia for a few years a long time ago. You might remember it. A tiny hatch, size of Suzuki alto, Daihatsu Cuore....

Reply to
enigma

The 2.5 litre turbo is standard fitting to latest Aussie Forester XT (2004) models - I believe 160 KW?

I have the 2 litre turbo Forester GT and power is "adequate" - the 2.5 litre must be scary.

Dave

Reply to
David Coggins

And what about Diesel in Subaru? In some markets Diesel is a great advantage in fuel and maintenance costs.

Reply to
Yoram S

aka Subaru Sherpa I think ...went forever - handled terribly!

Reply to
hippo