Goodyear Assurnce Tires

Well, I did it ? bought a set of four 205/60-15 ComforTreds for my

1999 Mazda 626. So far so good, though I've driven very few miles and not nearly fast enough to really form an opinion. I'll report back within 30 days, which is how long I have to decide to keep or trade them in for something else. Got a good deal at Discount Tire, including the $75 grocery rebate card. (Last day for this was July 17, although Discount Tire still offers a $50 rebate on these tires through through Aug. 7).

POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO:

Not finding a whole lot of comments about the Assurance ComforTred, and this being the last day for the $75 grocery rebate, I went ahead and bought a set of four through Discount Tire. Unfortunately, they didn't have but one in stock, so I'll bring the car back on Monday morning. (I live within walking distance, so it's no big deal.) And since Discount Tire will apply the cost for something else within 30 days if I don't like them, I figure my risk is minimal. I'll post my comments here after I try them for awhile. Wish me luck!

Reply to
Turtleman

I got a set of Goodyear Assurance TripleTred for my 97 Subaru Outback and love them. I have 3000+ miles on them and am still very happy. The only thing left is to test them in the snow. Here is my previous post...

I went looking and researching for a tire that would really deliver on it all, such as dry and wet braking and handling, winter driving/traction and a quiet ride. Some leading recommendations were Michelin HydroEdge, Toyo Spectrum, Goodyear Triple Tread and BigO Euro Tour. I came close to getting the Michelin HydroEdge, but the reviews were just too mixed. I read the design and logic behind the Goodyear Triple Tread and talked to a number of tire shops. When I told different tires shops what I was looking for, they kept recommending this tire. Finally, I talked to a person at one tire shop that got a chance to demo them and loved them. I decided to take the risk and be one of the first to give the tire a try. I have put 1,000 miles on them and can sum them up in one word: WOW! What a difference. With my old tires, I had to turn up the stereo once I got on the freeway. I dont even touch the dial now. You will not believe how quiet these tires are. I used to think the reason I felt every crack in a road was the Outbacks stiffer suspension. The difference with these tires is incredible. I took a tight circle freeway offramp with a 20 mph speed limit at 40 mph and the car took the turn better than going 20 mph with the old tires. Where I used to get a side lean in a corner, these tires hold solid and make cornering effortless. I was driving yesterday down the freeway going from dry road to heavy spring showers and could feel no difference - and the traction was solid. I have not had a chance to try them in the snow and ice yet, but their design and center strip logic seems sound.

"Turtleman" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Infoquest

I haven't yet driven even a hundred miles or in the rain, but I can already tell that these tires are keepers! Initially I thought they were somewhat noisy, but as it turned out, it was engine noise that was previously being masked by road noise! Once I let off of the accelerator, the inside noise was dramatically reduced. I've noticed zero difference in handling or "road feel," and there is no increased vibration or noise at high speeds (55 to 75 mph). Likewise, bumps seem less bumpy. With another three weeks left to "test" them before I can trade them in for something else, I feel confident that they'll remain on my car for a long time to come. Looks like Goodyear came up with a winner! ... I'll try to post a follow-up after I've put considerably more mileage on the tires.

Reply to
Turtleman

Look forward to your follow-up....

Reply to
Infoquest

Reply to
Edward Hayes

I'm sure you're right. However, in my case, the car will probably be long dead and forgotten before I ever get down to half the tread! I drive the car very little, and can only report on my initial assessment. So far - so good! ===========================

Reply to
Turtleman

Hi Do you have the Comfort tread or the triple tread? I have the Triple tread and the are howling from road noise at higher speeds. Do you feel a vibration in the foot peddle around 65 to 70 km's? what type of subi do you drive? year and model...

thanks

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

Nono_baddog

Hmmmm... I have the TripleTred on a 97 Subaru Outback and love them. For road noise... they were so much quieter than the XW4, I could not believe it. I have had these tires up to 85 MPH and they were very smooth. I have cornered these tires at twice the recommended speed and they hold and react like a high performance tire.

Have you had the tires balanced again since being installed? The recommendation is to put about 5000 to 6000 miles on them and then have them rebalanced. What was the wear pattern on your old tires? How many miles did you get out of them? Has the alignment been checked lately?

Reply to
WillW

I have the Comfortreds (205/60/15), and so far haven't noticed any vibration, howling, or anything unusual at any speeds! (The car is a

1999 Mazda 626 - 4 cyl.) Admittedly, I haven't driven much since getting the tires a week and a half ago, especially at the higher speeds. Therefore, it's possible that more "testing" could reveal something undesirable. I'm merely reporting on my limited experience to date. However, if I were to experience unusual vibration or noise, I'd take them back to the dealer and see what they'd recommend. Good luck!
Reply to
Turtleman