Heated Seat Switches

We just bought an '03 H6-3.0 Outback with the heated seats. The damn things are driving us crazy. They are located on the center console.

The problem is that the dog steps on them when getting into or out the of car. It's a small dog, a dachshund. I haven't looked at the manual yet, but there must be fuses somewhere that I can pull to disable the heaters. It's totally unneeded when the temp. is in the 80's.

If I can't pull the fuse and just disable the seat heaters, where can I cut a wire and install a real kill switch?

Al

Reply to
Al

try restraining the dog. it's very dangerous to let an animal run loose in a vehicle not to mention illegal in a lot of places

Reply to
miketryan

The ones on the Forester are also on the center console, right in front of the cup holder where they are easily splashed with whatever tasty beverage is occupying the cup holder.

I'm wondering when mine will stop working.

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

Read the sentence below again! The dog is not running loose in the car.

Al

Reply to
Al

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Al, there is almost certainly a dedicated fuse for these. I disable mine in a 99 Forester during the summer, as Mike B. suggested. Just look at the diagram within the fuse box and it should tell you which one it is. As for future use, I guess I would be trying to come up with another solution, however, because those seat heaters can be nice in cool weather. My wife won't let me disable the fuse in her Forester because she even uses it from time to time in the summer to soothe an aching back. Maybe that will never be wanted, so take this for what it's worth to you.

-- Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

Reply to
D H

So what's the deal- you let the dog into the front seat area, then tell him to jump into the back seat? Why not let the pooch into the back seat and set up a barrier between the front seats so he can't move forward!

Reply to
Marshall