How to Change Radio in 94 Sub. Legacy

I have a 94 Sub Legacy and the Tape Player just wore out. I use the Tape for my XM radio. Does anyone know a website that had directions on taking the cover off consule to get to the radio? Thanks! Jim

Reply to
volleybiggs

Not specifically, but you could try the appropriate section at www.nasioc.c= om,

maybe
. Also, could besome help at crutchfield.com Carl

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

There are two screws behind the cup holder, and two more kinda hidden up above the ash tray. Feel above the ashtray opening, or use a small mirror to find 'em, and a stubby phillips screwdriver to get them out. The bezel should come right off once these are removed. These cars use a standard DIN mounting arrangement, so most any modern aftermarket unit will fit. Get a wiring harness adapter from Crutchfield or ebay. I'm reasonably certain that an OEM CD/casette player from any Subaru thru about '02 (anyway) will also plug right in. Again, try ebay.

Have fun!

ByeBye! S.

Just leave it unlocked in the wrong part of town.

But seriously, most of the front just clips on, Start near the gearshift, then remove the ashtray and there are 3 screws. The one right at the back only needs to be loosened as the hole is slotted. The 2 up underneath are a PIA. Use a magnetic philips screwdriver as when you drop the screws you learn a whole lot of new swear words.

I've just replaced my radio with one that has a USB connection and now have 836 songs on a USB stick plugged in. Never have to change a disc again.

Reply to
bugalugs