I Did it!!! i painted my brake calipers... see pictures

Take a look.. i threw together a small webpage to show you guys... let me know what you think..

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

Looks great....that's some serious red there...

Reply to
null_pointer

That's a brilliant red if I ever saw one. I guess you'd call it Chinese Red. I used that color on some outdoor furniture once, it almost blinded people when the sun was really bright. :-)

I imagine it's much more noticable when driving, but not to the driver unless you look at your self in store windows. ;-) I used to do that when I got my factory "daisys" for my '68 911, they were pretty simliar to your wheels. The wheels on my Outback and Baja (8 "spokes") would cover too much of the opening and the caliper paint job wouldn't be noticable. Sigh...

Nice documentation...but what was all the newspaper for?

Don

Reply to
Don Nickell

Yeah that is some red!! I wanted it to stand out... kind of gives it a sporty look..

trying to get away from that "why did you get a station wagon?" comment.. Of course i come back with "its not a station wagon its an SUV!"

Anyway, it was a cheap aesthetic mod that i could do myself. The only other "mod" i have done is put WRX foot pedals in it. I think they look sporty, even if my wife says no one will ever notice them.

Back to the Red... thinking about it, i am wondering if i shouldn't have painted them green.... cause i will probably use the EBC Greenstuff Brake pads when i change, due to less dust etc..... Dust from the factory ones is driving me crazy!!

Oh well.. I am really happy with the looks of the calipers. If they hold up i will be all the more happy.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

I'd rather have a wagon. I have no envy of SUV drivers whose behemoths overlap parking spots, block views of traffic, and guzzle gallon after gallon of gas.

Reply to
Cam Penner

What brand of paint do you use? I need to repaint the calipers on my bike.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
null

Nothing special.. i read an aritcle at the Yellow Mustang Registry that said not to worry about the expensive "Heat proof" paints. he reccomends hobby paint. I used the spray touch up style paint found at any auto store.

Mike

P.S. we'll see how it holds up after a long Ohio winter of salt filled roads and slush.

Reply to
Michael Smith

Painting the rotors? that doesn't sound possible. i am not sure what you mean. the edges or something?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

Reply to
null

If you don't mind black, there are paints for BBQ pits that go from

800-100-1300 I believe, of course more expensive as you go up.

Can you still get the high visibilty white they used to sell for headers?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

null wrote:

Reply to