I traded the STi for a 2005 Forester XT

The US '05's are now also more complete, but not to the tune of heated seats. Why do you need them, stomp on the gas in the snow and you quickly get a warm, almost liquid glow in your trousers :)

The standrad stereo in the '05 is the 6 disc changer. It doesn't sound bad, but it ain't high-end by any stretch.

Thanks to my profit minded dealer, mine also came with an extended armrest/storage compartment. I'm pulling that next year, it gets in the way of the shifter.

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

Arrgh! I used to look forward to reading your posts in here about your STi..! Didn't we just have a conversation not that long ago about STi owners trading in their vehicle after a while?

Am I the last vanguard?

Hello...? Helloooooooo? *echo echo echo*

aw man.. :(

Reply to
k. ote.

Canadian STi comes with driver's side heated seat. The passenger side does not appear to have any heater in it. (Or if it does, it's not noticeable and it's tied to the driver's heating switch.) On the WRX there are independent controls for heated seats for both the driver and the front passenger.

On the STi the passenger-side second "heater" switch is actually the auto/manual button for the DCCD.

Reply to
k. ote.

Canadian STi models come with normal lights and highlights, even though they are extremely bright. They're just not the "HID" lights of the U.S. model. Canadian STis also come with a heated driver's side seat, a radio and 6CD changer, and a few other amenities that I've forgotten at the moment.

Reply to
k. ote.

They don't come with auto-dimming mirrors unless there's been a change between the 2004 and the 2005 model. Also the passenger seat in the 2004 STi is not heated.

They do have a stereo, anti-theft, A/C (with automatic temp-based climate control) and the defrost also defrosts the side mirrors.

I miss the foglights on my 2002 WRX though. :(

Reply to
k. ote.

Yea, I crossed over to the dark-side. I'm the one who brought up the point about STi owners trading their cars in after a year. I really loved my STi. It was a kick in the pants. But my wife would never be happy with it. She complained about it constantly. The payments and insurance were hard to justify for a car that she mostly drove. I ride my motorcycle pretty much year round. And to be honest the motorcycle is lot more enjoyable. So, the change was mostly to satisfy my wife. But, the new FXT can be downright fun to drive. And I wouldn't have issue with taking it off-road camping. But, there will always be a part of me that will miss the STi.

SilverFXT "Hey you just got smoked by an SUV!"

Reply to
SilverFXT (was BlueSTi)

You can get them. They are a dealer-installed option. Because I do so much highway driving at night, I am considering it.

Reply to
JD