2005 STI

Traded in my 2004WRX and got a 2005 STI.It's so much more powerful and handles so much betyter than the WRX. However, I find the ride somewhat hard and am thinikng of changing the tyres and I wonder it this will soften the ride somewhat. If anyone out there has this experience plse. presonse. Thanks!

Reply to
Ken Wee

Edward Hayes

All of the handling improvements you enjoy with the STi over the WRX come from the stiffer suspension and different tires. Can you change tires? Sure, a nice all-season will soften the ride somewhat, but at the expense of much of the handling prowess. You've spent the money to trade in your WRX and spring for the STi - I don't understand why you'd want to downgrade the STi.

Tire pressures could also be suspect if this car is new from the dealer. PDI is not what it used to be.

Julian

Ken Wee wrote:

Reply to
Julian Serles

I laugh at all those of you who have traded out their 02/03 WRX's for a brand new STI. While you guys are busy harping about how bad ass your

300hp ej25 eng> All of the handling improvements you enjoy with the STi over the WRX come from
Reply to
Dan

US Spec subarus would have Hemis if they would fit. There ain't no replacement for displacement in American buyer's minds.

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

You've got some fundamental misconceptions...starting with engine designations, and going from there ;-)

Their both awesome engines for what they do.

Read.

Reply to
CompUser

When did the group turn into a squid pissing contest?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I ended up changing to all season tires and the ride improved considerably. There was also a marked decrease in cabin noise. The major reason I changed tires was due to the fact that the factory tires are horrible in the snow! They tell you in the owners manual that the factory tires are "Summer" tires. Even with the all-season tires the ride is what I would call firm, but not punishing. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

The WRX and STi are really 2 different animals. The STi was "designed" to run at 300 HP all day long every day for hundreds of thousands of miles. And it has the transmission to handle the power as well as every other drive component to handle the increased power. The STi has better brakes a better suspension, better handling and even better seats!

My previous vehicle was a Turbo AWD Eagle Talon. And I know several folks who were running 400 hp. But, the outcome is always the same, Problems. If you like to tinker with motors, great! Some of us don't like to work on our cars. We like to drive them. So, if you just want to drive an incredible machine right off the showroom floor, The STi is hard to beat. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi